EISA Ready, Steady, Grow! Investor Ready Masterclass for Start Ups and Scale Ups
|Date:||02.06.2020 - 02.06.2020|
|Location:||Howard Kennedy LLP offices, London Bridge|
The Ready, Steady, Grow Investor Ready Masterclass for Start Ups and Scale Ups builds on the highly successful series of regional events organised by the Enterprise Investment Scheme Association (EISA).
The Investor Ready Masterclass will take place over two days.
Day one represents an opportunity for entrepreneurs and founders of startup and scaleup businesses to attend an intensive day of expert opinion and learning on all areas associated with raising equity funding.
Day Two comprises a live pitching event where you will have the opportunity to pitch to a room full of investors.
Whilst our regional one off Ready, Steady, Grow events bought together small businesses, investors, funders, entrepreneurs and business advisers – the two day programme goes into far greater detail on the specific steps you should be taking to make your business investor ready, all in one place at one time. You will receive expert insight and tutorial from SME industry experts in an engaging and informal environment. Learning will be alongside your peers in order that you can also benefit from their experiences and numbers will be deliberately limited to give you as much access to the presenters as possible. Get booked in to attend this one off event now!
Why should I attend?
If you are an Entrepreneur looking to start a business, or access funding to take your business to its next level….
Day One of the masterclass goes into significant depth on all areas of external equity funding in order to help you get yourself funded, grow and become more successful. There will also be sessions on ways to make your business as attractive as possible to potential angel, high net worth and venture capital investors.
Day Two will be a pitching style event where you will have the opportunity to use what you have learnt on Day One to pitch to a room full of potential angel and venture capital investors.
About the masterclass
The masterclass will provide presentations from industry experts on a wide range of equity funding and investor readiness topics. The masterclass will focus on the government-backed Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) but will also look beyond these to wider equity fundraising issues.
We will explore:
• How to make yourself ‘Investor Ready’ – Learn the secrets of making yourself desirable to investors, as told by real life angel and VC investors – answering the questions that will help you in your quest for investment.
• How funding options such as the Enterprise Investment Scheme, Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme and R&D tax credits can support you as you seeking invest. We will look at these in depth and help you navigate the tax environment to ensure you meet all the necessary criteria
• The process behind getting your legals right. Structuring your fledgling business in a correct, flexible and legal manner at the outset is vital. We will show you how to set up simple share agreements, investor documentation and much more
• The best way to pitch to investors. Getting that all important pitch perfect is vital to securing the funding you need. Get tips from the experts on the do’s and don’ts of pitching.
• We will also cover important topics such as banking, valuations, PR, insurance and governance.
The Ready, Steady, Grow Investor Ready Masterclass for Start Ups and Scale Ups is a Two Day programme. The cost of attendance is £200. Dates are 2nd June 2020 and 11th June (times to be confirmed)
To signup and for the full agenda and full speaker information, please contact Mary Rodgers at [email protected]