Development Bank of WalesWe want to unlock potential in the economy of Wales by increasing the provision of sustainable, effective finance in the market. For Wales to prosper, our businesses need to prosper When our businesses thrive, they create a higher number of better quality jobs. We’re a unique resource for Wales and can support businesses at all stages.
We’re forward thinking investors who understand the challenges businesses face. We can support Welsh businesses in the following ways:
· Loans from £1,000 - £5 million to start, strengthen or grow your business · Loans and equity investment from £50,000 to £5 million for established businesses
· Seed finance for pre-revenue tech start-ups
· Equity investment for early stage and mature technology-based businesses
· Finance up to £5 million to buy a business (business owners and management teams)
· Co-investment from banks, corporate investors, syndicates, angels and other lenders
· Angels Invest Wales connects experienced investors with businesses seeking private investment and is part of the Development Bank of Wales
· Strong links with university research centres, regional incubators and access to additional business development support in Wales
|Investor Type||Venture Funds|
|Does this organisation invest or provide business funding?||Yes|
|Investment Stage||Seed, Start-Up|
|Sectors Considered||Advertising and Publishing, Aerospace and Defence, Automobile and Transport, Business Products and Services, Clean Tech and Eco Innovation, Computing and Electronics, Consumer and e-commerce, Consumer Technology, Creative Arts and Entertainment, Digital Media and Content, Fashion and Design, Fin Tech, Financial and Professional Services, Food and Drink, Healthcare, Med Tech and Digital Health, Internet of Things, Life Sciences, Logistics and Distribution, Materials and Manufacturing, Mobile and Telecoms, Renewables and Energy, Retail, Social Impact|
Welsh producer of sustainable modified timber receives £7.5m investment from Downing LLP, the Development Bank of Wales and Woodford Investment Management
LIGNIA Wood Company, a producer of sustainable modified wood, has secured £7.5 million, comprising £3 million...
Development Bank of Wales launches £8 million Angel Co-investment Fund
Ken Skates, Cabinet Secretary for Economy and Transport has formally launched a new £8 million fund...