Investors Meet Promising Startups at SFC’s May Pitching & Networking Event
Startup Funding Club (SFC), the award-winning network of Business Angels and Seed Investment Fund, held last week its May Pitching & Networking evening. The event, which gathered dozens of investors, was held at SFC’s most esteemed location – Home House, Mayfair’s best members club.
The evening was presented by Angelika Burawska, Startup Funding Club’s COO, who took a moment to acquaint newcomers with SFC and introduced the sponsors of the evening – MFL Science & Technology, SFC Bennett Brooks, and Withersworldwide. Before jumping into the pitching session, SFC’s Investment Manager Joseph Zipfel announced the first close of the SFC Angel Fund. The Fund, which has already re-opened for investment and will close later this year, assembled last April a portfolio of 28 companies.
Following this, five high-potential startups pitched their business to the audience:
- Vortex IOT builds sensors and networks for harsh environments with hostile conditions where AI is needed and data security is critical. Its sensor data enables insight, smart decisions, and Machine to Machine Interactions.
- Hope & Glory is an independent, ethical, award-winning luxury tea brand dedicated to restoring the Glory days of tea in Britain by selling the highest quality, organic speciality teas and experiences to discerning tea lovers everywhere.
- Superfood Bakery provides a range of baking mixes that use all-natural superfood ingredients that are dairy-free and gluten-free. The company is already in over UK 100 stores and is rapidly growing its international distribution.
- Keepabl‘s solution helps customers unlock stalled sales, strengthen security, streamline processes, remove duplication, and collaborate effectively. Leading you through getting (and staying) compliant with GDPR and e-Privacy laws, Keepabl automatically generates instant compliance scores and required reports.
- Arroe’s mission is to never having to plug your devices into a wall socket. The company has created technology that allows clothing, bags, and footwear to harness and store energy to power your personal devices.
After the presentations, guests enjoyed a networking session with drinks and nibbles in which they were able to further discuss the investment opportunities with the companies and the SFC Team. The evening went on until late and presenters kept busy talking to potential investors until closure.