Launch of Henley Business Angels
Henley Centre for Entrepreneurship (HCfE) at the University of Reading (UoR) is pleased to announce the launch of the Henley Business Angels (HBA).
HBA is a network of alumni and friends of the University whose purpose is to a) help build the HCfE at the Henley Business School (HBS) as a centre of entrepreneurial excellence and b) support new business ventures launched by entrepreneurs who are graduates of or are connected with the UoR and HBS by providing funding and mentorship to these new business ventures.
Today we are also launching the first call for applications from entrepreneurs seeking funding to grow their businesses.
If you are planning to raise funds in the future the HBA might be of interest and afford you the opportunity to raise funds via a simple process involving submitting an executive summary or business plan online www.henleybusinessangels.com and, if selected, attending an interview. Successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to present to members at their regular evening meeting.
On the other hand if you would like to become a Henley Business Angel and are a successful business leader or an entrepreneur or self-certified investor then you could be just the person we need to join the Henley Business Angels. The benefits of becoming a Henley Business Angel include:
• The opportunity to connect with University of Reading, Henley Business School and Thames Valley entrepreneurs
• Access to carefully selected business plans from the University of Reading, Henley Business School and Thames Valley entrepreneurs, who are seeking investment and support for their business venture
• Invitation to a full programme of events held at the Henley Business School throughout the year
• The opportunity to recruit the School’s talented undergraduate and masters (including MBA) students for full-time appointments, summer placements or project-based work
• Access to up-to-date research material from the School’s faculty, relevant to the entrepreneurial activity as well as to the School’s extensive library resources (subject to license agreements with resource providers).
If you wish to find out more about HBA either because you are seeking funding or wish to become a Henley Business Angel please visit the website www.henleybusinessangels.com or get in contact with Jurek Sikorski, Director of Henley Business Angels Network and Business Development Lead & Executive in Residence at the Henley Centre for Entrepreneurship, Henley Business School at email@example.com or on 0118 378 8188.
HBA is sponsored by national law firm www.shoosmiths.co.uk which advises entrepreneurs and early-stage businesses on the legal issues vital to get their concept off the ground and, from there, through the business cycle from start-up through to second stage funding, IP protection, share incentives, tax planning and beyond.
Henley Business Angels is a