NorthInvest reveals upcoming Healthtech Investment Summit
On the 6th of February 2018, NorthInvest will be hosting the second event in our summit series, uncovering the healthtech and medtech investment space in Leeds, in partnership with Leeds City Region Medical Technologies, The Yorkshire Post and Bruntwood.
This important event will consist of the connecting of a range of stakeholders within the health and medical technologies space to understand the growth potential of the region, as well as developing further clarity around the local routes to finance. It aims to boost connectivity, whilst giving a providing thought-provoking context through a series of investment case studies and Q&A discussions from the panel and audience.
Key points of discussion will include the areas of key growth opportunity, ambitions, proposals and challenges highlighted within Leeds City Region MedTech’s recent Science and Innovation Audit.
- To hear insight from healthtech investors about their journeys, and further information about their portfolio companies within Leeds/Yorkshire.
- To bring clarity to the upside potential from the development of the healthtech sector in the region, and its profile, starting with a shared understanding of the current position from an investment angle.
- To highlight the findings of the recent Science and Innovation Audit, to uncover how local investors are making use of growth opportunity, and combatting any challenges.
- 17:00 Doors open / Food/Drinks and networking
- 17:30 Intro by Chair / Guest speeches
- 19:00 Q&A
- 19:30 Networking time
- 20:00 Close
- Laura Bond – Investment Lead at Accelerated Digital Ventures
- Simon Graindorge – Director, Healthcare at IP Group
- Gary Shuckford – Director of Edenbridge Healthcare
- Charlotte Thompson – Access to Finance at Knowledge Transfer Network
Additional speakers to be announced.
You can read more about Leeds City Region Medtech’s Science and Innovation Audit here: https://leedscityregionmed.tech/