Startup Funding Club holds its last Investor Event before the end of the Tax Year
Startup Funding Club showcases six up-and-coming companies at its last Investor Event before the end of the Tax Year and the close of the SFC Angel Fund.
Last week, Startup Funding Club (SFC) welcomed a myriad of investors to its Investor Event at Home House. Held in partnership with SFC Bennett Brooks and Withersworldwide, the event was the last before the end of the tax year and the close of the SFC Angel Fund, which will take place in just a few days.
Followed by an engaging introduction by SFC’s Business Development Manager Steve Lindsay, CIO Joseph Zipfel proudly announced that Startup Funding Club was named the fifth most active VC by financial data company PitchBook. After the honourable announcement, six up-and-coming companies hand-picked by SFC – and all eligible for tax-efficient investment schemes (EIS and SEIS) – were given their platform to pitch to an eager audience:
- BeRightBack: The world’s first travel subscription service that delivers 3 trips a year to surprise destinations in Europe – with flights and hotels included. The service is aimed at millennials for whom travel is a priority, but a lack of time or money often gets in their way.
- Nimble Babies: The UK’s first and only maker of plant-based cleaning products made specially for your kids’ mess. Nimble has sold its products on multiple platforms, including boots.comand Amazon. The products will be launched in 87 Boots stores from May 2019.
- Raven: A leading Esports apparel and merchandise brand. The label designs and manufactures bespoke premium products for individuals, teams, and companies across Esports. The team aims to innovate and develop one of the fastest growing global industries.
- Taptrip: A self-serve business travel and expenses solution for SMEs. The company’s goal is to make business travel completely frictionless, including predicting delays in your flight and automating changes in the impacted parts of that journey such as a restaurant reservation.
- Holy Cow!: A challenger brand in the international cuisines space that produces regionally authentic curry sauces. The company is well positioned to take advantage of the current food trends that call for the natural and convenient international flavours.
- My Personal Therapeutics: A company pioneering personalised cancer therapeutics. Its Personal Discovery Process identifies highly precise combinations of FDA-approved drugs. The team aims to create an intelligently designed personalised treatment that is less toxic and more affordable.
After the companies had pitched, the event concluded with a networking session that gave investors the chance to ask questions to the founders and discuss future endeavours with them.