Startup Funding Club’s latest pitching event with special guest Paddy Ashdown
London, UK, June 2017 – Startup Funding Club (SFC), named Lead Angel Syndicate of the Year at UKBAA’s 2016 Angel Investment Awards, celebrated its latest pitching and networking event last Monday 19th June. The occasion, held at Mayfair’s Home House and sponsored by Withers Worldwide and SFC Bennett Brooks, showcased some of the latest early-stage companies SFC has worked with. Stephen Page, Startup Funding Club’s CEO, welcomed attendees and acquainted them to his firm and its role within the UK startup scene. Following this he handed over to the special guests of the evening, Paddy Ashdown and Bess Mayhew. The latter introduced the crowd of investors to their project More United, of which she is the CEO. The political startup supports candidates regardless of party association and uses crowdfunding to support political candidates who stand by their values. Then, Ashdown, politician and former Lid Dem leader, addressed some of the issues that have arisen since last year’s vote for Brexit and the General Election earlier this month. Following Ashdown’s words, Startup Funding Club proceeded to introduce the startups pitching:
- Kashing – an all-in-one payment solutions everywhere for everyone, empowering micro-merchants to accept digital payments now, however their customers want to pay.
- Designed in Colour – originally an historic vintage 1930’s colour-matching system, their brand British Colour Standard© has been reinvented as a desirable high-end homewares and paint collection curated for the 21st Century.
- Channel Fight – a fight action entertainment on demand business offering an unprecedented selection of movies, documentaries and curated content from around the world.
- The Business Cafe – a network of coffee shops for business people, offering free membership, community and support.
- Valkyrie Industries – they are aiming to create the world’s first tactile and force feedback haptic device to enhance the perception of life in virtual reality.
About Startup Funding Club (www.startupfundingclub.com) Startup Funding Club is an ecosystem of entrepreneurs and investors. The firm combines its award-winning Angel Syndicate with the Startup Funding Club Fund to allow High Net Worth and Sophisticated investors to support high-potential startups either directly or through a diversified managed portfolio approach. So far, Startup Funding Club has supported over 100 startups.