UKBAA is looking for a dynamic Events Organiser
We’re looking for an ambitious Events Manager to join our team and who has the experience to deliver our annual event programme for UKBAA and external partners, while also driving new ideas from concept to completion.
We are the UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA), the national trade body for angel and early stage investing. We work with start-ups, scale ups and investors and work to:
- Improve connectivity for our industry by holding multiple flagship events throughout the year and through the development of online platforms.
- Train and support our industry with training and awareness workshops, best-practice guides, a new e-learning course and face-to-face support.
- Protect and represent our community through nationwide research projects, working groups and round tables and responses to key government white papers.
We work with over 190 member organisations including angel groups, VCs, accelerators, crowdfunding platforms, corporates, universities, science parks and government bodies. We also work closely with a number of major corporates and partners to further the goals of our ecosystem.
Your role will involve:
- Taking ownership (including sales) of our key flagship events: annual all-day conference in London, Awards Gala Dinner at the Dorchester and our summit held in the regions.
- Develop event and marketing partnerships with key organisations to help us build profile and awareness.
- Manage full event logistics, from speaker management to event materials.
- Support the logistics behind our partnered event series: pitching events, training events, awareness events.
- Develop key event marketing assets including awareness raising campaigns, websites and social campaigns etc.
We’d like someone with ambition, drive and who is keen to show their passion for quality and who always looks to bring innovation to their work. You’re good in a team and on your own too and great working with people,
You must have:
- Event Management experience organising a variety of events including conferences and gala award dinners
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal
- Venue finding experience
- The ability to engage and sell to our key partners and new audiences
- Excellent research skills for sourcing speakers, delegates and potential new projects
- Budget management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
A bonus would be:
- Knowledge of the start-up, scale up or early stage investment industries
- London base (chancery Lane) plus travel when needed
- 35 hours per week (9-5.30)
- £30K salary
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension
No agencies please.
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org