We’re hiring! Membership/Community Manager, London, £30K
We’re looking for an ambitious Membership and Community Manager to join our team to continue to grow and support our growing community of members.
We are the UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA), the national trade body for angel and early stage investing. We work with start-ups, scale ups and investors and work to:
- Improve connectivity for our industry by holding multiple flagship events throughout the year and through the development of online platforms.
- Train and support our industry with training and awareness workshops, best-practice guides, a new e-learning course and face-to-face support.
- Protect and represent our community through nationwide research projects, working groups and round tables and responses to key government white papers.
We work with hundreds of individual investors and over 190 member organisations and including angel groups, VCs, accelerators, crowdfunding platforms, corporates, universities, science parks and government bodies. We also work closely with a number of major corporates and partners to further the goals of our ecosystem.
Your role will involve:
- Finding and engaging new members for the association.
- Improving the membership services and increasing the service offering.
- Managing our membership offering, including online platforms and co-working spaces.
- Developing working relationships with the membership community.
- Being the centre of our membership communication strategy.
- Improving membership retention through improved communication and targeted services and support.
- Running the membership admin, including on-boarding and renewals.
We’d like someone with ambition, drive and who is keen to show their passion for quality and who always looks to bring innovation to their work. You’re good in a team and on your own too and great working with people.
You must have:
- Experience in supporting and growing a community
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal
- The ability to engage and sell to new audiences
- Strong understanding of CRMs
- Excellent attention to detail
A bonus would be:
- Knowledge of the start-up, scale up or early stage investment industries
- Experience of a membership organisation
- London base (chancery Lane) plus travel when needed
- 35 hours per week (9-5.30)
- £30K salary
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension
No agencies please.
Email a cover letter and CV to [email protected]